Breast Leakage

ok, I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant and today when i took my bra off i noticed alot of clear fluid coming from my nipples,can anyone tell what that is? That doesnt mean the baby is coming early or anything does it.Thank you for the help

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, thats normal b/c you are pregnant. some woman have leakage earlier than 30 wks.
    Anonymous

• I am 30 wks and I have drops that I have been getting for several weeks now. It isn't anything major for me, but I did go and buy some of the pads in case it gets heavier.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i called my mom the first time i noticed this and freaked out! She just laughed and told me it is completely normal! It doesnt mean the baby is coming early. The fluid is actually called colostrum and its what your baby feeds on (if you choose to breast feed) before your milk comes in. its full of vitamins and nutrients and wonderful things for your baby. if it gets worse, i would buy some pad that go in your bra. they are virtually invisible and keep you dry.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 11:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Just colostrom. Your breasts are getting ready for baby.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Istarted lactating when I was 5 months pregnant it freaked me out but I was grateful that my milk was coming in. My daughter was 4 days late but by that time I had plenty of milk to give her.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009