• In the Spotlight:

is 19 too young to get married?

my boyfriend wants us to move in together and get married.. are we too young? i would like to try moving in just to see how it will work out... but i dont know if i wanna make that legal tie yet.. i guess i got cold feet im nervous.. we already have a baby together so yea we should take these steps and i want too... but i just dont know if i want too this year.. have any of you ever had this feeling???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• DON'T do anything you're not 100% SURE you want to do. Any age is too young if you're not ready. There are wrong reasons to get married. Don't do it just because he wants to or just because you have a baby. Move in together first. You'll be surprised at how much you learn about each other.
    Anonymous

• it depends how long you have known your partner to be honest. it takes roughly 6months-2 years to fully know your partner, you dont want to get married and find out a couple months later that its falling apart, and your discovering new things about him ect....
    Anonymous

• Even without age playing a factor...I would say if you are not feeling 100% sure than it is not something you should do now.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i agree with hannahwill. i totally knew i wanted to marry my husband. i was married at 20 and had a couple kids. got married and divorced. i would of rather of just found someone better. i wasted a lot of yrs on him cause even though got divorced i still kept going back. although i never agreed with just shacking up with anyone but thats your life and your choice.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No one can answer that question for you. You know yourself and him and it seems like you are trying to be smart about things, so trust your instincts.

However, I will say (only speaking for myself) that I would have THOUGHT I was ready to get married at that age. But, looking back on how much I have changed since my early 20's I know I would not be happy now with the person I would have chosen then. KWIM?
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Be sure before you make any decisions. But no it's not too young. I got married at 17 and after I turned 18 we decided to start our family. We've been going strong for 4 years!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you have any doubts don't do it. Wait until your 100% sure....it's a life time commitment you'd be making. Some people are against living together...but I think in your situation, maybe you could get engaged and move in together...and just take it from there.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It's too young if you have doubts.

If you have doubts, ANY age is too young!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY! You just got out of Hs! out of the grasps of your parents! You should be experiencing new things.. college, hanging with friends, etc. getting to know who you are.. Look at it this way You aren't even a legal adult until 21.. Why the hell get married before that?
    **** Human brains aren't fully developed until early 20's, this is the reason why teens make such irrational decisions.**** Just something to think about! ( if he loves you he will wait!) :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My husband and I got married when was 19 and I just turned 20. We have 2 kids now and have been married for almost 4 years. It's been great. It may be hard in the beginning if you are going to college, and trying to work to make ends meet but it's possible if you are truly in Love and you are 100% dedicated to the marriage. It sounds like you may need to wait a little while because you don't seem positive that it's what you want to do. You'll know when the time is right. Age isn't a factor.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 10:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009