• In the Spotlight:

What do you think about gay parenting?

A friend of mine were having this conversation and I'm just wondering what your intake on gay parents raising children.
Me personally I don't have a problem with it as long as the children are being raised the proper way. They are well behaved well kept clean nourished and healthy.
Do u agree?

mommatime78

Asked by mommatime78 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't believe that there is such a thing as "gay parenting." I think that there is only "parenting," which means loving, nurturing, and teaching a child. Whether you are gay, straight, orange, purple, or polka-dotted, everyone who can do those things counts as a parent to me.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think its awesome
    Anonymous

• I agree. Whether gay or straight what really matters is that the child's needs are met and they are in a stable, loving household.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• As long as the children are being cared for who cares if the parents are gay or straight.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It is great.

How do you feel about it?
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• What about it?

Makes no difference to me. As long as the child is loved, I don't care whether it's a man and a woman, a woman and a woman, or a man and a man raising them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:06 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Um for the smart remarks I put my answer when I asked the question on what I thought about it. If your going to have a nasty remark then don't answer the question.
    In case you didn't see it I said.
    Do u agree?
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry if you thought my answer was rude. I was trying to be silly.

In case you don't realize, you brought up a sensitive subject that has the opportunity to offend or hurt people. If you want sweet answers...don't ask a question that will provoke stong feelings with some people. If you were a gay parent, would you want people disussing how they feel about you?
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wasn't aware it was sensitive to that nature. I was just asking because a friend who has no kids and I were debating about it and I just wanted others views. That was all. It wasn't that serious to me at all.

I just said I didn't see a problem with it as long as the parents are taking care of the children my friend disagreed. But we didn't argue about it. She had her views I had mines.

Again I apologize. Wasn't aware the subject was that sensitive.

My fault....Thought it was a good question.

If I was gay it wouldn't bother me at all. Honestly. But that is me.
    And if I did offend anyone I certainly do apologize
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• As long as they are a good parent it doesn't matter if they are gay or straight.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 12, 2009