Constipation

My son is about 9 months old, he was just introduced yesterday to stage 3 foods and had chicken Noodle dinner. He had a poopy diaper with pea's and carrot pieces there(sorry i know its icky) like 3 hours after i gave it to him. Since then I have noticed he seems more constipated, and having a hard time pooping. His normal poop was more watery before.. Does anyone know why this is happening? What is a good thing i can give him to help him with his discomfort?

Borikaos

Asked by Borikaos at 11:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know you think I'm crazy for answering like this. But sometimes food don't do this...
    Yes, you switched but sometimes it could be our body not working correctly. Meaning, I would take him to a Chiropractor...did wonders for my son who had constipation, my daughter who also had constipation and ear infection. We are going on a year without an ear infection....THANK YOU TO THE CHIROPRACTORS!!!
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 11:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Thats odd, Ive never heard of that racingmomma. Um my doc said unless it seems like the baby is in pain from pooping or has went days without not to worry too much. My baby is only 2 1/2 months old so im not too much help. Good luck.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• When I started switching foods with my son and he would get constipated like that the dr told me that if he doesn't go for a day or two thats ok, but if it seems like he is uncomfortable or in pain I would give my son the Little Tummy gas drops and a couple hours later he would poop and he would feel better. It is safe to give these drops to newborns also. And they do work. Good luck!
    JrsMommy1222

Answer by JrsMommy1222 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009