My ebf 4 mnth old is fussy at the breast the last few days. She had a large poop 3 days ago she has been straining pushing crying tensing her tummy and legs for the last 2 days. Usually if I help with a thermometer and Vaseline she goes right away but this time it doesn't help except this morning she had a small poop which was alot thicker then normal.. But shes straining still and seems to need a lot of force to pass gas even.. I'm considering a suppository but not sure. Any suggestions?

Mother of 3.

Melly2022

Asked by Melly2022 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Have you tried putting her into a warm bath and massaging her tummy there? That worked on one of my kids. I would NOT give prune juice and water if she has only had breast milk...but that's just me!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2013