fever

What is high for under the arm tempature?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• under arm temp you estimate to 1 degree higher that the thermometer reads. Like 99.7 would go to 100.7 It depends on the age of the baby as to what is high. Under I think 3 months anything 101 or higher.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Ya my daughter is 5 1/2 months old and has a 99.6 degree temp under arm, she is acting fine and now she should be sleepin for the night. she was just little fussy and wanted to cuddle for while. should i check in the middle of night?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I would better to be safe. She is still young.
    brandy713

Answer by brandy713 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I would check it and give some tylenol to break the fever.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I would check sometime tonight, but it doesn't seem high enough to give anything. I don't give meds unless the child is uncomfortable, or it is getting really high. Fevers have a job to do. I wouldn't let it go past the high 102 range before giving something though.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2009