My 14 month old is sick HELP

For the past 2 days my son that is 14 months has been throwing up and has diarea that is like water. I have no training in sick babys he has never been sick I have gave him pedilight and 7 up but he throws up. i have gave him saltines but once it hits his belly it comes up. what do i do. he is trying to grab food and eat it but i tryed to give him baby food and it came right up every thing is.

jyssi1557

Asked by jyssi1557 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmm, call ur pediatrician ask him what to do. in the mean time try pedialyte Popsicle
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 11:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I can not stress enough Fluids, Fluids, Fluids! You have to be sure that he does not dehydrate with all of this going on. If you can get him to even eat popsicles, do that- but you really need to get him to the dr as soon as you can. He sounds like he has a stomach virus, and he really needs the fluids and plenty of rest.
    Anonymous

• I would take him in asap. Try giving him Small amount of fluids at a time like maybe a tsp and then if he keeps that down try it again a few min. Poor baby. Take him in. Take care.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• When this happened to my daughter I learned that like the previous post says, to give small amounts of fluids frequently. My daughter was so thirsty she would gulp it down because she was so thirsty but then would vomit right away. Also make sure he is still having wet diapers. Call the ped if you have more concerns. I had to take my daughter to the ER because she hadn't had a wet diaper in like 8 hours and she was lethargic and still vomiting. Once she had the IV it was like a whole new kid. Hang in there.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It sounds like a stomach virus..This exact thing happened to my daughter when she was 16 months old..I got so scared and took her to the emergency room and they checked her out doing x-rays on her stomach and drew blood which was terrible and they told me not to give her any food for 7 hours after she throws up and no milk or dairy products for a few days..I was constantly giving her pedialyte in small amounts.. My heart goes out to you and the sick baby
    brookiebaby522

Answer by brookiebaby522 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009