Our house is being fixed it has lead but how to make it easier on my 17 month old.

my 17 month d was tested a few months ago and her lead levels were high so they had to notify the health department well they are going to be fixing our house as soon as they get us in a housing. Thing is it is going tones pain. I am not sure how long it will take yet, but my preschooler and 2ND grader take the bus I dont drive dh goes to work so I have like no other way to get them back and forth to school I can't afford a cab everyday. So I have no idea how I am going to do this. Then my 17 month old will not sleep in our bed what so ever she sleeps in her crib so I have no idea how to do this either. She screams in a playpen plus I am afraid she will get out of the playpen when I am sleeping cause she knows how to climb out of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• I remember you asking this question a while ago. Aren't they providing housing for you in your school district so your children can take the bus? Why can't you put the baby's crib in your room or in the new place that they provide for you to live in?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:57 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• You may need to have the kids change schools. and they may have to bunk together and the crib may need to be in the closet or the livingroom or with the other kids. you just do it because you have to and there is no choice. I am trying to figure out who is coming to fix your house and why you seem to have no control.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:00 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• to the first poster I didn't even realize I asked this before, but they don't know if they will have anything or not. so do I bring our crib then? that means I will have to take it apart then together again to get it there then back here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• second poster they said we will be getting a 4 bedroom housing since we have 3 kids not sure why it matters that they have their own room when they are all girls. Then switching schools they said it could take as soon as 2-3 weeks to get back here hate to transfer her just for 2-3 wewks especially when my second grader is having a hard time in school as it is (they said she is 6 months behind). Because my dds blood tested positive for lead the dr said by law they have to notify the health department so they checked the house all walls were fine, but attic and basement all tested positive then the porch even the soil in our yard. Then 1 window downstairs, upstairs was 1 floor (in the baby's room) and the hallway, and all 3 bedrooms all the wood trims were positive and the doors so that much lead if it isn't fixed they can condem our house we went through a grant to get help we aren't allowed to do it ourselves.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• As for the schooling issue talk to the parents in your daughter's class and see if one of them would be willing to help you get the girls to and from school for a small fee that way you don't have to worry about switching schools or getting them to the bus. Question do you not drive because you can't or because you don't have a car? If it is solely a lack of transportation issue then why not take your DH to work and pick him up while you are having the conflict that way you could have the vehicle during the day and again you would be able to get the older two to school.

At 17 months couldn't you just let her sleep on her mattress on the floor in either her own room or yours vice disassembling her crib and moving it to the new house? Then you shut the door or put a baby gate in the door to keep her from wandering around the house at night.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I don't know any of the parents in any of my girls classes. No I don't have a license. The mattress thing I don't think will work cause I tried putting her in a toddler bed her crib turns into one but she kept getting up so I put the side back up for the crib. Well it might work there if I am able to shut her door at my house her bedroom door doesn't latch all the way she shares a room with her almost five year old sister. She climbs over a baby gate.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2013