memory loss and pregnancy? Seriously need answers.

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. I'm only 9 weeks pregnant. I've started. Idk... being slow. Well, my brain has. The other day I came home and I blocked my sister in the driveway and I took a nap and later that day I saw that my car was in the street and for 10 minutes I couldn't figure out WHY she would move my car. SO DUMB. Then I was reading some common sentence online and my brain just WOULDN'T understand it. I've NEVER had anything like this happen to me before. EVER. I am very sharp, bright, witty, clever, whatever, u name it. My mom had a common symptom when she was my age and it turned out to be a brain tumor. I don't want to go to my doc. sounding crazy but I'm concerned. Is this like... would pregnancy make me aloof? Or is this something I should talk to my doctor about??

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 11:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal, all your brain cells are in your belly :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I did some strange things while pregnant, and I was also forgetfull. Quite a few times I left the house with the tv remote in my hand instead of my cell phone. I think its normal it be a little off. Mite wanna be something you bring up about your mom. My mom died when I was lil from a brain anurism, so I bet that was hard to go though. But I dont think you should worry too much.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Many times, pregnancy can cause memory laspes, however, with your history, it'd be best to discuss it with your doctor. Especially now, to discuss the safety of your options in a worse case scenario.

There are also symptoms of things that pregnancy can cause, which are treatable, like gestational diabetes, and pre-eclampsia, that the symptoms can be memory loss. Either way, it's very important to discuss it with your doctor. It can also be something as simple as iron deficiency. Take your prenatal vitamins!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 11:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• oh hunny, there were many times i would put the milk in the freezer, forget how to spell simple words, etc. i think aliciatron is right... "all your braincells are in your belly". i dont think its something to ignore with your moms history though. i would explain it to your doctor (im sure hes heard crazier stories). its better to be safe than sorry.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 11:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yeah i didnt read all that you wrote, i have a bad habit of skimming and missing a lot :[ i would def check with a doctor!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• thank you!!!!! These made me feel a lot better, I was nervous!!! I have been anemic my entire life thats probably what it is. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! I will talk to my doc. about it just incase.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I once put all the dirty dishes in the refrigerator, and was busy trying to put the food in the dishwasher when my husband came in wanted to know what the heck I thought I was doing. I was about 5 months pregnant with my first.
    Anonymous