restless leg syndrome?

any one else get it during pregnancy?/
if so was your iron low and did it get better when your iron got higher?

it keeps me up all night i need help.

mommy2be32509

Asked by mommy2be32509 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have gotten this worse since I started my third trimester (had it with my first pregnancy too). For me, Benadryl makes it MUCH WORSE - almost painful rather than annoying. After a couple of internet searches, I found these things to try: effervescent calcium (my doc also recommended this) and (this sounds bizarre) a bar of plain bath soap between your sheets (at about waist level). I am trying that one tonight sibce it's a little late to be running to the drugstore.

Also saw this website posted elsewhere on CafeMom: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/restless_legs.html

I'd be careful with some of the natural remedies though. Check with a doctor before putting anything in your body.
    ktclick

Answer by ktclick at 9:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my iron wasnt low and i got it, benedryl made it better :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had this bad. Drink alot of watre and rub your legs down every night to keep the blood flow going through. If it gets to bad the doc can give ya something. Yes my iron was low I took extra everyday. Good luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I had restless legs -so- bad... and still do. Nothing makes it better but taking Ambien. I took Ambien throughout my entire pregnancy or I would never get any sleep. Now, I still take it if I am 105% sure that the daddy would take care of the baby. Ambien helps, but is habit-forming. so....
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Omgosh yes! It was so irritatiing. I hated it. my leg was always moving or tingling It would sometimes keep me up at night. I don't really know what it was from but I do know that I was anemic and after I got iron pills it went away.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have it. I never knew there were non-medical remedies for it, though. I usually just stretch my legs really hard to contract the muscles. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not. It is VERY annoying and keeps me up at night sometimes.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• omg!!!! i get this ALLL the time!!! I HATE IT!!!!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My dr. told me to try eating 2 bananas a day and gatoraid.Hope this helps .
    ZMK

Answer by ZMK at 11:57 AM on Feb. 13, 2009