Small cut in pay

I don't follow the news much because it's all depressing. Yesterday at work they said were getting a cut in pay because of taxes,I guess we'll get 2% more taken out of our check. What's going on here with taxes could someone get me up to date please?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 6:20 PM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• If I understand correctly, a few years ago there was a tax reduction in the amount of about 2% or so and you saw that extra in your paychecks. That has expired now and it will revert back to what it was before.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:27 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• They talked about it on NPR the other day and gave an example of someone making $30,000/year would probably have to pay $600/year back in social security.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Part of fiscal cliff deal 2 percent increase tax on social security. I posted about the in politics and currant events
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2013