Got my son a puppy, but now he is attached to my hip! help!

Okay so I understand that all the attention has been on this new puppy so im not paying as much attention to my son. But now he is literally attached to me, following me EVERYWHERE, Telling me he loves me 100 times in a minute, sitting on my lap, hugging me. Now dont get me wrong I absolutely love all of this, but honestly its getting on my nerves now. He's killing me with love lol. I try to spend time with him while the puppy is sleeping but when shes awake I have to keep an eye on her every second. How do I get my son to kind of do his own thing sometimes? I know this sounds terrible but I am stressed to the max! Perhaps its the lack of sleep from the puppy waking up and barking in the middle of the night lol. Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jan. 3, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Crate the puppy
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Best of luck with the new puppy - now you have two puppies to take care of :)
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Teach your son to take care of the puppy that way he gets to spend time with you and the new puppy.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• How old is your son? I haven't had problems with my kids since getting our puppy but maybe yours is younger...
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• My son is 6
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Idareyou- I think maybe in this case its a little easier with more kids since they can play with eachother instead of count on you to entertain them. I could be wrong though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2013