Ancenstry.com

Have you ever used this program and if so did you have luck tracing your lineage?

liss05

Asked by liss05 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Entertainment

• DS1 used it for a project but didn't really find anything new. However, uploading our family allowed someone to find us. It was someone who was looking for survivors of my mother's grandfather. He had owned some property in Germany in the early part of the 20th century and had to flee due to the Nazis coming to power. Long story short- the government owes my mom some money from this. Yay ancestry.com!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:30 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• We've had an international subscription for the past two years. It's been a wonderful help in tracking down our British ancestors and has put us into contact with new "cousins" all over... We're getting to the point now of only using it for the 1940 Census, so we're considering letting the subscription expire until we decide if we NEED it or just really like it. (For us it's more enjoyable than killing time with NetFlix!)

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:06 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I did and had fun with it. I just kept it through the one month free trial they were offering at the time. I wasn't able to get far on most of my grandparents, but I did trace my mom's mom's father's lineage back to the 1500s.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Love that website for tracing family. My dad pays for a subscription and I have his user id and password to access. If other's have already traced your family then that helps, but it has helped tremendously in tracking down my family. My husbands on the other hand changed their last name at one point (and no one knows what it used to be exactly) so we are stuck.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• no im not sure if i trust all things like that imo
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2013