Writing my own vows...help?

My bf and i plan on getting married soon. He wanted to write our own vows. I would LOVE to. But i dont know what to say. He is my world the father of my son and just everything to me. I just have a hard time putting it into words. Any tips on how do write my vows? I dont even know how to start it out. I dont know how to put my feelings into words.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• Google wedding vows and it will give you some ideas to start with.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:10 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Think about how you would tell him about how much you love him. When I wrote my vows, I scanned the internet for different examples of vows and created a kind of template that fit my style. I started out with a story of a moment when I knew he was something really special. Then I talked about why I admire him and how he has become all kinds of important things to me (gave a bunch of specifics). And then I got into the actual vows (I called them promises). And that was it. Your preferred style might be different, but you can get a lot of ideas by looking at examples of vows online. And then you can talk with your fiance about the general template (so you both kind of are in sync) or you can just keep it totally individual.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:14 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• I agree with kmath. Google and get some ideas on where to start. Vows are a personal thing, and every relationship is different. When it comes to expressing how you feel, I don't know how you put it into words. I've been married 15 years and I still don't know what I would say.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:07 PM on Jan. 3, 2013

• Why did you go anonymous on this?

Anyway, google it. The knot dot com is one of my favorite sites.

Congratulations!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• agree kmath
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2013