• In the Spotlight:

tmj

if you have this how did you have it detected?

i went to a new dr and asked him about the pain i have in my jaw when i give oral. he says oh giving oral is not a good thing to do. my husband grunted when he heard this. i'm sure he was thinking "so i want her too"

anyway he sent me to get a blood test....what how will that determine if i have tmj? i think i should go to another dr who takes my concerns seriously. i just want it taken care of.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

• What a nasty thing to say to someone! I have some severe jaw issues and in my youth even had it "lock up" while in the midlle of a similar act. What a horrible, humiliating experience that was! My jaw to do this day, clicks, pops, locks up if I extend my mouth too far and this is after having my jaw broken and reset abnd wired shut buy a cosmetic surgeon. (My jaw was broken by an unrelated matter but they decided to treat the other issues)
    PLEASE go find another doctor...Talk to an oral surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon. Don't allow this doctor to talk in such a manner to you and I am certain that trying different oral techniques will help appease your hunny!
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was diagnosed with TMJ years ago. It was diagnosed by a Dentist. First of all he shouldn't be given you that type of advice especially being married.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 4:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2009