Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


if you have this how did you have it detected?

i went to a new dr and asked him about the pain i have in my jaw when i give oral. he says oh giving oral is not a good thing to do. my husband grunted when he heard this. i'm sure he was thinking "so i want her too"

anyway he sent me to get a blood test....what how will that determine if i have tmj? i think i should go to another dr who takes my concerns seriously. i just want it taken care of.


Asked by melody77 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Health

Level 18 (5,435 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • What a nasty thing to say to someone! I have some severe jaw issues and in my youth even had it "lock up" while in the midlle of a similar act. What a horrible, humiliating experience that was! My jaw to do this day, clicks, pops, locks up if I extend my mouth too far and this is after having my jaw broken and reset abnd wired shut buy a cosmetic surgeon. (My jaw was broken by an unrelated matter but they decided to treat the other issues)
    PLEASE go find another doctor...Talk to an oral surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon. Don't allow this doctor to talk in such a manner to you and I am certain that trying different oral techniques will help appease your hunny!

    Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

  • I was diagnosed with TMJ years ago. It was diagnosed by a Dentist. First of all he shouldn't be given you that type of advice especially being married.

    Answer by usanamama at 4:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Will you all read my articles?

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN