TMI! Diarrhea at 14 weeks pregnant. Help! adult content

Ok, so this is my 2nd pregnancy and I've never had this many intestinal issues with my first!! So I haven't had a decent bowel movement in over two weeks. I'd skip a couple days then have a loose movement, then skip some more and then another. Lately, everytime I eat it seems to irritate my stomach and I have to make sure I'm close to a bathroom. Tonight I couldn't get away from the porcelain seat for a good hour. The cramps I was getting have been the worst in my life! I don't know what contractions feel like cause I kinda got lucky that way in my last pgcy. Anyway, this really felt like I was in some kind of labor! I don't know if I should go see a family dr or wait until the 11th for my ob/gyn visit so I'm reaching out to try and figure out what I should do. And, you don't think this would affect the baby or pregnancy do you??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Health

• If it has lasted longer than 24 hours you should contact your OB. You may have an infection and be at risk for dehydration. If you are unable to keep down fluids, you may need to be treated in your physician's office or hospital with IV fluids. Then you should get a blood test to see you if are possibly anemic. Lack of iron can cause constipation, which then goes into diarrhea. But yes, I would call your OB ASAP just in case. Its always better to be safe then sorry!

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Well with my last pregnancy i started getting cramps like you and i was constantly going number 2 and it was that way through my whole pregnancy. My 3 previous pregnancies i was way constipated so my last pregnancy was kinda nice. But you could also have a stomach bug so i would suggest staying hydrated and see your dr when u can.
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2013