moving to maine from NJ with a valid NJ drivers license. Will I have to retake driving test in Maine?

jerseylbi10

Asked by jerseylbi10 at 5:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Travel

• As long as you license is still valid all you have to do is go to the DMV with your NJ License and proof of Maine residence and they will take your NJ license and issue you for Maine. Here is the requirements from their website http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/licenses/convertinglic.html

amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Depends on their reciprical laws. Some will allow you to drive on the old one IF the laws are the same in both places, hence reciprical law.
    Some will not whether the laws are the same or not. Since I am unfamiliar with the two states driving laws, I suggest you call the DMV in Maine where you are going to get the facts.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2013