Update.... :0/

well, I got some news that I am not too happy with. I went to my eye appt yesterday and she told me that I have fluid building up on my eye and it's getting close to my center of vision. She didn't think she saw any retinal tears, but it's still serious.  They are going to be sending me to a retinal specialist so they can see what's going on.

I am REALLY freaking out because the surgery is going to be expensive and I don't have any friggin insurance.  I know I need to take it one step at a time, but this yr isn't looking up for me... 

I know I need to keep a positive outlook on it, but I am really, I mean really scared.  I have no clue what I would do if I lost vision in my eye. 

I guess I need to take a deep breath and just take it as it comes.  Hopefully they will get me in asap. 

She did say that it is fixable and they can go in and repair it, but the retina specialist may say something different.    fingers crossed!!!  :0/

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Health

• Take it one day at a time. Sounds as if money or no money you have to have it done or lose your eyesight. I'd get it done. Check with the Lions Club and see if they know of anyone who can help. I know they help with childrens eye problems.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• oh yeah... I will be having it done no matter what. I just hope it fixes it like the dr told me it would.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Before you go in for surgery please get a second opinion by another Dr. You never know!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• BTW, keep us updated & good luck :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• oh yeah... I will!  they are sending me to a better opthamologist, an actual retina specialist.  I hear they are really pretty good.  they will dialate again and check it to make sure what is going on before any surgery is done.  I don't want someone sticking something in my eye if it's not needed.

goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Fingers and toes crossed. (Do you know how painful that is?)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• thanks for crossing 'em!! :0)
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2013