my sons dad has a bench warrant is there anyway that i can get in trouble or have my son be taken away if he is found with us

sarahandvan

Asked by sarahandvan at 10:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• I doubt it, unless there is some sort of no contact order being violated.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• um why not turn him in? Get it done and over with? Why does he need to hide? What kind of warrant is it?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• No but do you really want your son witnessing his father being arrested when they find him?

Answer by missanc at 10:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Why would you want him near you and your son?I would shut him out of your life,if I were you. Your son doesn't need a criminal in his life. Talk about setting a bad example.
    What is the bench warrant?
    I have no idea because nobody I know has ever been arrested for anything ...not even a speeding ticket on their record.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I wouldn't chance anything. Depending on what the warrent is for YES they can remove your son. If he is wanted for drugs, robbery, etc then you are sheltering a criminal. If it's as simple as speeding tickets, failure to pay child support then no. Thing is you do not want to have your son witness him being arrested and taken away in handcuffs so either talk him into surrendering or turn him in. Your son is the innocent one. Try to keep him that way as long as you can.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Grow up and face the music.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• You mean besides harboring a fugitive or being found in contempt of court by sheltering him? Yeah you can get in trouble. Turn him in or kick him out.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• When they find him & come & get him, if he is doing something illegal in the same home as you and the child are in or he has stolen merchandise or drugs in the home with you. Then yes you will be arrested too & the child will be taken. What is his B/W for?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Not sure exact laws, but you could get in trouble for harboring or something like that. I prob wouldn't turn him in but I sure as shit wouldnt hide him
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Not showing up for court or doing anything they asked of him. I think its from a driving under suspension was the orginal
    sarahandvan

Comment by sarahandvan (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2013