Neighbors who borrow everything!

I have a neighbors she borrows everything from my vacuum to food. She comes over looks around and if she sees something she ask for it. Mainly food because they never have any and I'm struggling to feed my own kids. They gave back their washer to save on bills and now ask to do laundry at my house. I have tried to be nice and tell her I cant do this anymore but she doesn't get. It. And they never offer anything to me. I have bought them food; fed their kids. They use my cleaning supplies, medicine even have used my car. I have to hide stuff in my own house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• You say NO, and you lock the door when you're not home so they can't just come in and "borrow" things. Heck you might as well lock the door when you are home.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Stop answering the door

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I would ignore her knocks...enough is enough and if she is struggling financially give her information for the local family Services and food banks in the area also let her know about Freecycle.

If there is one active in your area, she can find things but cannot afford to purchase on there. One lady I know found a car on Freecycle, just needed some minor work her husband was able to take care of.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• That is why you don't get too close in the first place. I know people who have gotten involved and it really is never ending. I usually just casually introduce myself and that's it. I've had one contact me from time to time about something she needs done, but that's as far as I go. Sometimes, I do it, sometimes, I don't.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I would tell them that laundry is a certain amount of money per load (cost of water, detergent, wear and tear on your machine) just like at the laundry mat. Tell her ou can't afford to lend her food. Give her the names of local churches and food pantries. Lock your doors.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I wish was that easy their door is 2 feet from mine. (We live in apts) I have not answered. My child plays with there's so sometimes. Its hard. My daughter comes home asking can they eat with us because they have no food. But if there dad can buy A 24 pack of beer daily he can buy food.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• It's as easy as a 2 letter word. NO.
    You start with the N sound and add an O
    NNNOOOO
    NNOO
    NO.
    Distance of their door is not an issue, just an excuse.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I have told them about churches and food banks they wont go. Once they said my daughter could eat dinner with them then she came home saying they said there wasn't enough chicken. Kind of pissed me off.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I would not help them. I would tell them to call 211. I would NEVER allow my child to spend time in a home where one of the parents drinks a 24 pack of beer.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• They are users and abusers. They have done both to your generosity. I agree with the others, tell them no more. If it ruins the friendship, then so be it.

They would go to the food bank if they had no other option. Right now you are the other option. Stop being it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:09 PM on Jan. 4, 2013