Do you ever go in for a ultrasound to find out your babies gender and it was in a position where they couldn't tell?

I am 18 weeks and went in for an ultrasound this morning hoping to find out my babies gender. Come to find out I was there for almost 45 minutes and my baby was laying face down covering it's private parts the ENTIRE time! We tried everything we could to get him or her to move but nothing worked! I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen and if so at your next ultrasound were you able to find out and, what was the gender?

Alyssa646

Asked by Alyssa646 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, this happened to me! I didn't know until my third ultrasound (I was high risk so I had more than normal) that she was a girl! My husband says she was being modest. I say she was being difficult because she sure isn't modest now (she's 5)!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes it definitely happens! next time drink orange juice 30 mins before your US!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:43 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yep, My lil one had her hands between her legs and refused to move them. I even went for a walk and drank a glass of cold water. nothing I ended up having to pay to find out what her gender was.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I was lucky! It didn't happen to me
    Anonymous

• That happened to me, too. My baby had her legs crossed and was not moving for anything. I hadn't eaten yet that morning, so I think she was probably protesting. I had to have another U/S 4 weeks later and she cooperated. I had eaten a small piece of chocolate and I think that helped a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• with my first she was just not sharing that info with no one and it was the only ultra sound i had too but deep down i knew she was a girl just like her mommy only doing what she wants now with my second she has this need too show all lol all three ultra sounds i have had so far with her you see all her one foot is over her head ouch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2009