Marriage...

Ok, so I've been dating the love of my life for about a year and half. We started dating right after he left his girlfriend of 3 1/2 years. We have a wonderful relationship and are deeply in love. he mentions marriage a couple times a month since we moved in together in June... He asked his ex girlfriend to marry him after only being together for about 7 or 8 months but not long after she turned psyco, went nuts b/c she found a dirty mag, never wore the ring again or talked about marriage again. He finally had enough & was going to leave her, but she ended up getting pregnant. So he stayed for 19 more months because of his son. But finally he realized he could still be a great dad w/o having to be stuck with a nutcase. It's not like I'm in a rush to get married. We live together and things are wonderful between us, but do you think it's kind of strange how soon he proposed to her and hasn't asked me to marry him yet

JoeysGirl28

Asked by JoeysGirl28 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like he just learned from his past experiences. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you...he probably just realized that he shouldn't rush into marriage after seeing how not knowing a person fully before proposing could backfire on him! Just be patient. It sounds like you've got a good thing going :)
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• maybe he doesnt want to make a mistake not saying your a mistake cause it sounds like you guys are happy and good for each other but maybe he wants to be sure this time when he asks to get married it will last and be with the right person.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 12:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Maybe he is just afraid to ask another woman again because of what happened the first time. It is possible, I mean if she turned psycho and nuts don't ya think that would turn a guy away from proposing again?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Not at all. You can't and shouldn't compare his past relationship to yours. Hopefully you and he are on an entirely better path than that one, so I would stop speculating and be happy that you two are taking more time to do it right!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i don't believe that past issues keep men from asking. if they love you and know they want to marry you they will do it again. he has brought it up a few times. sounds like he is just trying to get your take on it. it sounds though as he will ask soon. he could just be trying to think of an a super cool or romantic way of asking you to marry him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• you said he brings it up a couple times a month. Maybe he is trying to feel the situation out with you.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Why don't you comfort him by reminding him that a marriage between you two would set a positive environment for his son to grow up in and provide a more committed relationship that his son can benefit from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies who said he might not want to make the same "mistake" again but, and I presume you asked in hopes that ppl. would give you honest answers; so that is what I am giving you.

In my OHO, the thought "why buy the cow (which I hate the term but...) when you can get the milk for free" comes to mind.
    I mean it's like you even said, your living together so your in no rush.

NOw just Imagine what he must be thinking after a horribly failed relationship add to that the cow theory and what do you diduce from it?

See what I mean?

Ofcourse only he can tell you for sure.

Hugs and good luck.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Not strange! Maybe he learned from the first time and isn't quite ready to get married! Which in my opinion is a good thing ( he obviously wasn't ready the first time). Maybe he wants to make sure before taking the big leap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Once bitten, Twice shy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2009