Anyone ever do "The Love Dare"?

I'm starting it tomorrow. :)

Anyone ever heard of it? (from the movie, Fireproof) Anyone do it (You can buy the book in stores? Have any tips/support to share?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 11:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• I have not but please tell me how it works out for you. I did not realize the book was in stores
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I know in the Love & Marriage groups lots of CM-er's were talking about it. I have no idea what t is, though.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• NOPE
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Fireproof was a great Movie and a Great Lovedare Book/Test. HOWEVER, the key question is "do you really belong with this person?"
    As an example, my dh and I did the whole thing and we loved the movie. At the end, one of the chapters was about the true problem in our marriage, and I realized that patience, the essence of this book, is only worthwhile if you are close emotionally with your spouse.
    If you have issues like infidelity, then no matter how patient and loving you are, the real issue won't go away.
    MamaaSutra

Answer by MamaaSutra at 2:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I will let you all know, Dard. :) Tomorrow's "Dare" is about patience. I must not retaliate with any unkind words at all. I must be patient and use kind words all day, even if he pisses me off. I cannot say anything if I am angry. Can't let him know I'm doing this dare, either. I think it will strengthen our communication, which is what I think we could use most. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2013