Do you like seafood? I wonder how safe the waters are off the Gulf after the oil spill and fire.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Thankfully no because I often wonder the same thing.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• Yes, I love it. I don't usually give it much thought though..... Now I probably will. We have a couple catfish farms around here and some restaurants only serve their fish... I like that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• yep love it! my inlaws live in southern Louisiana and eat local seafood at least 3 times a week. no problems or complaints so far.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I like it, but it's a rare enough treat for me that it probably isn't going to be the thing that does me in.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2013

•  Lobsters & Crab Legs & Shrimp- Oh my!  :)  I wish I could eat more of that, but can't really afford it.  I would hope that thorough testing is being done on seafood brought in from the Gulf, just to be safe for a while.  We don't know the lasting effects of such a large spill like that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I do like seafood and I can honestly say it never occured to me to even think if it was ok to eat. I don't even know where my shrimp comes from.. Hmm.. maybe I should look into that.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2013