Job application question

Hello

I am applying for a position at Aldi and I had a few quick questions. Question 1 is on the application were it says "indicate hours & days of availability" what should i say? i want to be considered reliable and someone they can call on but I'm a full time college student. Should i just put "available"or "anytime" on the section and just wait for if I actually get hired to discuss that with my employer? Question 2 is a job interview question, the dreaded "tell me about yourself question. Mind you, i have never worked in this industry or even had a job at all! just a few years of volunteering when I was in high school for a hospital which is a long ways from a grocery store. what can I talk about that stays relevant to the company at hand? and should I put volunteering down in the 'experience" space? I know I know so many questions so little time so forgive me for that but i really need this job. I have tuition and books to pay for.

Thanks!

quita1991

Asked by quita1991 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• Question One- Answer honestly. You are a full-time college student, that means your hours are limited. Tell them exactly when you are NOT in school. I own a business, we hire lots of college students. We want to know WHEN they are available to work for us....

Question Two- You have excellent experience working with patients from your years of volunteering. Tell them you feel that this experience would provide you with the excellent customer service they require. Your volunteer work is considered very valuable experience.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I would write "will discuss at interview" in the hours section.
    For "tell me about yourself" do just that, but make it relevant to the position you're looking for. People skills, etc.
    Just be honest and say that you're a college student and this would be your first job.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2013

• I would tell them when you aren't in school for this semester. "Tell me about yourself" question they want to know why you would be a good fit with the company so tell them any customer service experience and how it will help you at their company.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2013