Is there pain when they break your water for you?

Whenever you are being induced and they break your water, is it painful and how painful? I get induced monday and im really afraid of it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, you don't even feel it when they break your water.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have heard that it hurts for some people, but I was induced twice and I never felt any pain! You'll be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• its not painful at all, but then again i had an epidural :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:15 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• haha is this kelsey??? you nertard!!! why you postin anon??? silly! silly! *((shakes head))*
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I've heard it's uncomfortable. I've never had mine broken artificially though. Mine broke once before labor and once minutes before my daughter was born. It does hurt like a bitch after they break it though. Better to let it break on it's own. Not to mention it increases the chance of an infection because they are introducing germs up there when they rupture your amniotic sca.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• naw its not kelsey. i just dont like it when people are mean on here lol. well id rather him start the pitocin first then let me get the epidural when im in a lot of pain....AND THEN break my water. is that possible to ask for? i dont know this is my first baby! the doctor said he was gonna break my water first....YIKES. i hope i get an EPI first then.
    kaybullion

Answer by kaybullion at 12:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My Dr. broke my water right when I got to the hospital so I'm sure thats standard, but IDK.

It seriously doesn't hurt, though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I really can not fathom why some women want to be induced. Why just not go into labor when your body is ready, instead of evicting your baby in a harsh manner? It's rough on your unborn child and can cause complications for the both of you. Do you really want to increase your chances of a c-section or fetal distress? Induction will do just that.

Good luck with your birth. I hope you don't run into any issues and that you and the baby are perfectly healthy and happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• well lets see....i have so much swelling, occasionally high blood pressure and not too mention insane sciatica that i have to hold onto the wall and tables in my house to get around. not that its any of ur business. whenever you become my doctor you let me know, :) i think he knows whats best for me and my baby. he has been to med school afterall.
    kaybullion

Answer by kaybullion at 1:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Obviously medical inductions are a totally different thing. When the benefits outweigh risks, we are on a different topic. I was just making a general statement not intended for any particular person. I may not have been to medical school, but I am a doula so it is my job to know certain things. I'm sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way.

Again, I wish you luck and hope you have a uncomplicated birth and a healthy child. Best of wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2009