Crazy bowels

my mom is in her 60's. she has the most uncontrolled poops i have ever experienced. this has been going on for years. she'll be fine then all of a sudden she has to poop. we'll have to stand in one spot until she can get the urge under control & make it to a bathroom. many times she has not been able to & has pooped herself. she has pooped the floor & my car. it may sound funny but it impacts her life negatively. she has to be very careful about eating as some things trigger it more than others.

her stupid doctor told her to eat more fiber. I feel like there must be something we can do to help her! what does this sound like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in Health

• 2nd opinion AND she needs a gastroenterologist.
    Anonymous

• i have heard of that, meooma, and i ASSumed her doc would have diagnosed it. i know she goes back on the 31st for something else but i'll tell her to ask about IBS.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• she needs to see another doctor
    Anonymous

• Yea, it sounds like IBS to me.

Answer by louise2 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• never thought of a gastro, thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Has she tried eating more fiber?    I had a bowel issues and I was told by a gastroenterologist to eat more fiber and it worked.  I have a small bowl of All Bran Buds (11 grams of fiber per 1/3 of a cup) for breakfast every morning.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2013