Marriage & Feeling of emptiness ... adult content

Do you ever feel empty in your marriage / relationship?
After 3 years of fights, I have reached a point of feeling empty and lost.
We are apart, i.e. I spend most of my days in a bedroom, and he's locked up
in his own room.
We seem to disagree in everything, and if we try to talk, he'll say it's all my fault...

I shouldn't get upset when as newlyweds he told me he can't have my pictures in HIS HOUSE,
because he's used to having pictures of his mother and niece and blood lines only....
One YEAR after our wedding, he still had his nieces' pics in his wallet, but not mine. And his nieces's picture as a wallpaper on his cell, but not ours as newlyweds....

I shouldn't get upset to see the physical touching with his best friends' wives, and definitely not associate the friendly "bo@b brushing" and naughty jokes with his subscription to adult websites on "seduced by best friends' wives".

It doesn't mean a thing if I didn' get a Christmas gift (2 years now) from him or his family, when I was as generous as I could to his entire extended family.

If his mother intimidates me with comments like "do you sleep with your clothes at night?" or "hey son, look at this TV person, isn't she gorgeous, superblonde and skinny?" this doesn't mean that she doesn't like me. Well, she has never said anything nice about me in 3 years but this is just a coincidence....

And she can gossip about every person in the neighbourhood, but it's ok if she doesn't ask me about my mother.... Yes, she doesn;t know my mother's name, after 3 years together, but it's not really important.

He has isolated me from my family and friends..... during my relocation, the first thing he did was to throw away the Skype Camera, to make sure that I won't talk with anyone.... till I get a job.

When I got a job, my in-laws sent us a "DELAYED WEDDING GIFT", .... yeah, what a coincidence.. !

I FEEL SO EMPTY, SCARED AND LOST. HE SAYS IT'S OUR FAULT THAT I FEEL NEGLECTED, CAUSE THEY REALLY ARE NICE TO ME. HE SAID I DON'T COOPERATE WITH HIS FAMILY, BUT I DON'T THINK I HAD A CHANCE OF BEING ACCEPTED BY THEM.

Do you think that the above examples show that I'm a jealous person, or is it a sign that he's not ready to be with a woman other than his mom and niece???

Please help !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• I think from what you posted that its not just a problem with her, but also with your husband for allowing her to treat you that way. He doesn't respect you enough to put her in her place and that is unlikely to change. Normally I would say to consider counseling (still think you should consider going, even alone), but it sounds as though you are sort of done with them. I don't know that counseling will reverse that, but if it makes you more comfortable with your feelings then its a good idea. Good luck.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Oh God, what are you waiting for? Leave this man for your own good. Before you have kids. Go home and never look back, he is a child and you don't deserve this misery.
    Anonymous

• I'm really dying to know who you are since you've been posting about that SOB for quite awhile now. I wish you'd use your screen name.
    You need to get away from him. We've been telling you this for how long now?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Fly away little birdie. That sounds like HELL

Anonymous

• Why do you stay?
    What does he do for/ to you that causes you to Want to be with him?
    Anonymous

• It honestly sounds like you DH is emotionally abusive and you need to get away from him. He shouldn't treat you like a child you are his wife. He threw out your possessions to isolate you from your family first step in abusive relationships. Secondly, his mom isn't ready to let her baby go and she is treating you like dirt to prove that she still controls him.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• How many times are you going to ask this question before you actually stand up and do something about it? This is not even a man. He is a child who can't or won't grow up and he is using you as his own personal toy. I'll admit, you dh treats me like crap sometimes, but even I wouldn't put up with that kind of non-sense.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• THIS IS NOT A MARRIAGE. It never was from day one.

You're killing yourself slowly by staying... DO NOT STAY ANOTHER INSTANT WITH HIM. The next time you post here, I hope it's to say you MOVED OUT.

Everything you write makes it clear they ALL hate you, especially your husband. There is NO reason to stay there. NONE. Being on the street would be better. So go pack. DO IT NOW.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Thank you all, your emails have been a HUGE WAKE UP CALL! Yes Diamante, I'd rather sleep in the streets and belong to myself!!!
    As for my Id, it is no secret to many of you, but it is not posted for legal reasons, as he knows and searches for my internet activity.
    Thanks and BIG HUGS to all of you, I would like to be as supportive to you, as you have been to me for so long.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Leave and cut all ties. You deserve better.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2013