Cleaning bathroom. Do you have any idea what this white, dusty, powdery stuff could be?

I've been noticing this dust accumulating in my bathroom quite rapidly. No where else in the house do I notice this, not even in the other bathrooms. It's a dust, but it's white and powdery.... I don't use bath powder, but do use hair products. At night I do close the door to this bathroom otherwise it will get too hot in my bedroom. I'm wondering if it might be coming from the vents, the fan? Anyone have any ideas. I can't really explain it and did some searching online. Someone said something about the toilet paper and kleenex causing a dust.... Not sure about that one.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• is this the primary bathroom ... ie showers/hair washing etc????
    Sometimes I notice a soap film on the tub and floor tile, it's very powdery white..
    I have no idea how it builds up either and I am wiping and washing a couple of
    times a week...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Hmmm- do you have popcorn ceilings? I wouldn't think that tp and kleenex would make a visible dust. What kind of floor do you have? Weeeeird.

Anonymous

• Bath salts?
    Anonymous

• Some TPs do give off more "dust" than others. But that's still weird. Hmm, I have no idea.
    Anonymous

• Some types of TP makes white powdery stuff I have noticed.  Then it might be the bathroom fairies are mad at you. They are doing it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I agree with louise, it could be the toilet paper. we use Charmin and it happens to us. But could be from vents.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Ceramic tile.

No, no bath salts, Llama mama.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2013