Ideas that make you say 'Duh' - upcycle project of the day.

You know all of those ugly fridge magnets you get from all the local businesses in the mail or in the bag at local events...?

Next time don't toss it! simply glue or modge podge a photo to the top of the advertisement and then take it outside and spray it with acrylic clear coat. Voila- instant photo magnet. Much more appealing.

Worst part was this was DH idea...  I feel sheepish.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That's a good idea Im going to start doing that. I hate when my dh gets smart on me lol

Anonymous

• Ooh, nice! And you could cut them up too for smaller photos - like kids school pictures! Pinterest it and link it here!!! (So I remember to do it next year with the kids school pics!). Best crafty idea I've heard from a man in a long time!
    Anonymous

• I don't know how to make a thingy so I can pin it! :0( I have no blog or anything...?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I was planning on donating my sons crib (both my two used it and it was used when it was given to us) but I remembered a desk made out of a crib that I saw on pinterest so I think I will give that a try!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Good ideas!
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• apicture frame and no glass,no problem. Staple screen or a sheer material to match decor and use it to hold pierced earrings. Hang up and every day you know what you have and dont always wear the same pair.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 6:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2013