What types of music does your kids like? do you allow them to liten to whatever they want??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• My kids can now listen to what they want but when they were younger I monitored what they listened to and watched  as much as I could

Anonymous

• He likes the current hit music like Bruno Mars, Maroon 5, Gym Class Heros, Rhianna. We listen to it on the radio in the car and we have couple Kids Bop CDs.

Anonymous

• Within reason. I'm not letting them listen to 2 Live Crew type music, but they're also not forced into listening to the Kidz Bop edits. Those are ridiculous to me, and they just don't sound very good.

If it's a radio edit, it's fine. My kids listen to whatever is typically played on the local pop/r&b/hip hop stations.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• My 11 yo dd likes 1d, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, etc. I'm fine with it. She actually edits her music/movies more than I do or would. I would not be okay with music that is demeaning to any group of people (ie women) but other than that I'm good with it.

Answer by missanc at 8:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• I insisted on edited versions until my boys were teens. And even after that, I don't want to hear it blaring loud if there's a bunch of swearing in it. My boys like Metallica & some other screamo type stuff that I can't understand what the evil sounding voice is saying anyway! lol :p MY dau is more into Big Time Rush, Katie Perry, you know, the more top pop stuff. As long as I get my turn on the radio, I'm good. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• They listen to what we listen to(Metal-Opera depending) as long as there is no profanity in it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• They have a Mom and Dad approved station on in their room at all times. In the car they listen to what we listen to and don't get a choice. They do have some preferences lately....they have taken a likely to AWOLnation.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• My five year son old loves Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, and Brantley Gilbert, just like his momma. This of course bugs his daddy to no end because daddy is not into country music and we vote on what we listen to. LOL
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2013