First time mother!!!

My baby is now 4 days old and i feel like im dragging big time she eats 3 ounces every 3 hours and at night when i feed her she stays wide awake for like three hours how can i fix it so she will go back to sleep at night???? i only get like 4 to five hours to sleep at night please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh honey im so sorry its so hard!!!!!!!! i was this same way, my son would not sleep and it was so hard on me i would cry! just hang on until 6 weeks and then you can pump so your husband can feed at nights :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Honey she has to just grow out of it. I know it is hard. My first son was colic. Is dad there to help. Make him get up. Just a tip, sleep when the baby does during the day. If you can't sleep at least rest. You will get used to being a mommy. Everything is new and scary. I am sure you are doing great. Best wishes.
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 12:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Do you mind if I give you some "new mommy" advice? 85 to 95% of car seats are not installed in the car correctly and if you do not have it buckled in right and you get into an accident the car seat may not be able protect your baby. You should read the instructions that came with your seat and follow them very carefully. Congrats on the new baby, and don't worry, the nights will get better I promise!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It's hard at 1st. Sleep is a luxury and very few of us are lucky to get it. Nap when your baby naps until he/she starts sleeping at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• 5 hrs. is thru the nite for a baby
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Can you put her bed beside yours. The words co sleep if you want sleep is no joke. I kept the playpen right beside my side of the bed and only had to lean over to grab baby. It was so much better than trying to keep them in a different room.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• She's normal! "Sleeping through the night' is a mere five hours. Moms are guaranteed of three things...death, taxes, and never getting eigh hours straight ever again.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Aww I remember those good ol' days. Do you have a rocking chair to rock her back to sleep? I had one for my little ones and it did wonders. It's exhasting I know. You should rest and take little naps when she does. That always helped me. Or maybe (if your bottle feeding or pumping) when Daddy has his nite off and doesn't have to go to work the nexy day, maybe he can have nite duty. At least once a week to help you out. It'll get better. You just have to get a routine down. Congrats on your little one!
    ek_white

Answer by ek_white at 2:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Well, I am going to be honest, You can't " fix it " so she sleeps. You are in the middle of your horror story that every mother has. 5 hours if pretty good to be honest. Your baby needs to eat and you can't train her otherwise. It will get better. You are recovering hormonally and physically so it seems ecspcecially brutal right now. You will learn to function with less sleep. Untill then, sleep when you can and grab some coffee.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009