Ugh if you don't like bugs don't read but I need help.

My dds friend has lice again for the second time since school started. I've been checking our hair for the past week. But the girl is in my dds class and they ride the bus together. Would it be wrong to call the school nurse on Monday and say she had lice over break and to check her and all the other kids. I kind of feel bad but she lives with her dad and I'm not sure he's getting all of it out of her hair. Another thing i feel bad about is I don't want my dd playing with her until I know she doesn't have lice anymore. What would you do?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 9:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would most definitely call. They need to do a lice check. You may know, but other parents don't. For the sake of the other families please let the school know!

And if you do get it- I always got lice medication through prescription. We have had lice outbreaks 2-3 times when I took in another family to my home. The kids just kept getting it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• grease your kid's hair. or styling products. remember the effers like clean hair, not dirty.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Ewwwww nobody likes THAT kind of bug! Yeah, I would call.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• "grease your kid's hair. or styling products. remember the effers like clean hair, not dirty...."Answer by feralxat

That is a myth, there has been no concrete evidence that is true.

OP...Here is a site you may find interesting.....http://www.jcu.edu.au/school/phtm/PHTM/hlice/hlinfo1.htm

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Yes, I'd definitely call the school and let them know. There are hair products you can buy to prevent lice. Tea tree oil works, and there are shampoos you can buy that help keep them away. They actually work.
    AidansMomMom

Answer by AidansMomMom at 11:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Yes, advise the school...why spread it to other kids? don't feel bad either I'd feel the same & probably keep my kid home for a couple days while finding out for sure. I told my dh our kids get this ever he better be home to help!!! cuz I'd be freaking out lol... : D
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I chopped 12 inches of my hair off when it happened. We all cut our hair to make that stupid expensive shampoo treat us all.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Eww I'll die :( I'd seriously go Demi Moore and shave our heads. Three girls that's a nightmare. I bought that comb and I've been combing twice a day my girls hate me but I don't care. If she does catch it at least I'll know ASAP. I looked up lice and seen infestations so gross. I'd cry.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• My youngest dd told me mom if we just get a monkey for a pet it will check our hair and eat any bugs for us. Yeah that's not happening anytime soon
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2013