The Cake That Almost Wasn't

So I got past the brown sugar hurdle. I had mixed my lazy daisy cake up in a bowl and turned my back to wash a couple of dishes while the oven finished preheating. My four-year-old asked, "Can I have the bowl?" I said sure, thinking she meant after I scraped the batter in the pan. Her daddy walked in about thirty seconds later and just about fell over! Her shirt and face looked like she'd been dipped in the batter and she was shoveling it in as fast as she could with a mixing spoon. What we had there was a failure to communicate!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:28 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in Food & Drink

• OMG. That is too funny, and something I completely would have done. When you said yes, I can just imagine what she was thinking LOL!!! "Did she really say 'yes'? I have to be quick before she changes her mind, don't draw too much attention to myself...crap...there's daddy!" LOL!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• And no picture?
    So sad
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Oh no! But I'm LOL!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• OMG How could you forget to grab the camera!! LMAO!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Damn, I didn't even think of the camera! What a picture that would have made!
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2013

• Oh my gosh! That is funny.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2013