For all the moms of kids on the spectrum

I just saw this on Pinterest & thought of you all.

3libras

Asked by 3libras at 11:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Exactly!

My favorite line when folks are staring...?

'If you keep staring like that you might cure his Autism and then we can work on your social silks.'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• good Exactly!

saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Yep. True dat!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• fed into more looping. So please understand that most of us do not deal with this every day and so are a little sensitive to it.
    It takes a while for an outsider to understand that they are not helping you by interfering.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I have a freind (well several) who have autistic children. I remeber when we were together for a sew in and he was normally fine as long as no one touched him or tried to make him look at them etc. He would simply listen to his music or play a game and occassionally say something. I frankly have no idea what set him off but he went into major meltdown and looping. Mom was handling it in just the way she should but I could not just sit there and watch without interfering (I know myself) I simply went to the bathroom for a while lol. My friend was a little upset because she felt that I was criticizing her handling of the situation. I was not I was actually supporting her, which she later agreed.
    I was the absolute first person this boy ever touched and he offered his headphones to me to listen to Happy Feet and I was the first outsider he ever spoke to. Ijust wanted to do exactly what I should not do, which would have
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2013