Have you been to the point where you don't have a sex drive? is it possible to get my sex drive back?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• The other ladies are correct about the hormones and also antidepressents. When I lost my sex drive, it was a weight/hormone issue. I wasn't very overweight, but the doctor told me that fat can trap those hormones and all the sudden when you lose some of the fat cells, your hormones come flooding back. Might be worth a shot!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• The only time I did have a sex drive is when I was divorced... Seriously. I don't have one and I'm not looking for one either.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• It can also depend on how long ya'll been together. Sometimes you fall into a rut and may just need a changer of venue so to speak. Or like the others have said too. Have you been talking with your dh?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Most of your sex drive is in your brain. Are you having any underlying issues with your SO that would make you not want to have sex with him?
    You can increase your drive by just doing it,even if you're not really in the mood. The more you do it, the more you want it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I have had little to no sex drive since my youngest was born 18 months ago. I personally had some pain issues, and I also had some underlying things I needed to deal with from my child-hood (which are now being dealt with by therapy). I also recently had my mirena removed because I have such terrible reactions to birth control in general and felt like that was affecting my sex drive (about 2 weeks after removal I had some desires again, my husband and I have had more sex in the last month than in the last year). I cant really say if its a combination of everything, or if its one or the other. But I recommend going to the dr.
    shesliketx

Answer by shesliketx at 11:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I had almost no sex drive from age 17-23 while using hormonal birth control. While I was pregnant (18 years old) I had a sex drive, but couldn't have sex because I was on bedrest. Now I've been off hormonal BC for about 6 months and I think it's normal for the first time since I became sexually active.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Anti-depressants do this also, not sure if you are on any?
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I had a period that lasted for over a year before I got to the right Dr. So yes I can pretty well say my libido was at an all time low.
    Yes you can get it back but start with a check up and talk to the Dr. about how you feel. He can't know there is something wrong if your do not tell him.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• yes and yes
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2013