Intimacy with two kids? adult content

When does this get to happen? With a three year old and a baby we have not found 10 minutes day or night to be together. This is the third night in a row that we have tried to be intimate after the 3 year old is in bed and the baby has woken up each time. Multiple times in one night after putting the baby down even. Wakes up and cries everytime. We cant afford a babysitter and even if I dropped the kids off with one what would we do? Do it in the car? Poor dh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Ah I misunderstood. Express some milk into some bottles and you have a little extra time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• That's called child induced birth control,lol

I'm assuming the baby is brand new. Sad to say,it could be quite awhile before you get some. Does your area have some sort of daycare where you could drop the 3 year old off for a few hours and hope for the best that the baby takes a nap?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Their must be a time when both kids are asleep. Sometime during the day or night. You could grab your DH and do the nasty.    And sometimes you just need to let the baby cry a few minutes.

Answer by louise2 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Get creatve - get it when you can :) In the kitchen, on the stairs, in the shower, it doesn't have to be in bed and it doesn't have to be at bedtime. Grab the opportunity as soon as it presents itself. Heck, why not go for morning quickies while you're still sleepy and in bed? It's a GREAT way to start your day!

Youi have to stop focussing on what isn't happening and start working on what can happen - why not plan surprises for him? They don't have to happen at the very minute that you want them to but whenever you can. I know it's not easy (twin babies, husband working 30 miles away through the worst traffic in the region, NO family AT ALL to help, no babysitter ...) but it CAN be done :) Trust me!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Family is half an hour away. Baby feeds every hour we would have to rush home do it and come right back or do it in the car. Not happening. Older kid doesn't nap and dh works all day and is only awake a few hours at home. Limited time span and we aren't getting lucky. It has been 7 weeks since we did anything. Aside from bjs when the baby slept all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• 3 whole nights?
    You take the opportunities as they present themselves. It maybe a naptime when both are down.
    Got any family?
    Ask if they could watch the kids for a couple of hours.
    You make time for whatever is important and sometimes you have to learn to be very quick about it.
    And sometimes you just have to suck it up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• It's hard. I remember (even though my youngest is almost 12). This is the time where you master quickies and learn to let the baby cry for a minute or two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2013