Am I the only girl to never have had a pedicure before!?

I'm in my 30's and have never had one! Any suggestions on what to have done or what to expect?

LizMomTo4Girls

Asked by LizMomTo4Girls at 9:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• shave your legs before you go! theyve given me a leg massage every time i've gone

expect to feel guilty for all the dried skin on your heels
    expect to be judged by all the others in the room who think they have money but actually married rich or owe tons on credit
    but in the end expect a relaxing time
    and expect to give a fat tip because they deserve it for touching feet all day
    and expect them to ask you to make an appointment

you can either watch the TV they provide, make small talk, or watch and learn what they do so you can go home and do it yourself. have fun!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2013

• I get one every moth but I use to no like them much only because I had ran into some pedicurists from hell....make sure you find one who is good, and by that I mean good hygiene and massage your legs with cream in the process...just make sure you know other people  that have used her and like her and does a good job, once you try you never go back not doing it, like me, but you need to find the right fit.

Answer by older at 8:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I'm in my late 30's and never had one either. I do my own toes. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone! My SIL & MIL think I'm strange! ;)
    LizMomTo4Girls

Comment by LizMomTo4Girls (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I have not had one...in my 40s
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I'm in my 30s and have never had one either. I want one, but I'm so self conscious about my feet that I avoid it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Nope- me either- like the others my feet are way too ticklish to endure anyone touching them. I can paint my own toe nails :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I had one done Once and that was enough for me.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Nope. I'm not paying a stranger to touch my feet. I picture it tickling too much, my kicking, and accidentally breaking the pedicurist's jaw.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• My first one was when I was 34 (it was a gift from my SIL when I was pregnant). It was nicer than I expected but it was at a very expensive salon. I've had 2 since then at a local cheaper place that weren't as nice - not worth it.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2013