Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok i don't know what to do now... adult content

I have been getting pain the kind you get when you have a bad bladder infection. I have had my urine tested several times this month and nothing shows up and i have been tested for other infections and nothing showed up and i have been tested for sexually transmitted diseases and nothing which i wouldn't anyways cause i don't cheat. Every night when i go to bed i get horrible pain that feels like bladder infection and its hard to fall asleep. My periods have been funky for 5 mo ive had heavy vaginal discharge and my doctor still hasn't found anything wrong but he wants to make me wait another 2 months to see if my periods will go back to normal. The pain sucks bad im miserable and i want to know whats wrong:( Has anyone had this problem?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Health

Answers (6)
  • You need a new doctor. Ask for an ultrasound.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

  • Maybe try a new doc? A second (or third) opinion might be able to explore things differently.
    Maybe PID? But that's usually related to an STD.
    Have you ever had cysts? Of course, that wouldn't be every day pain. Have they done any ultrasounds to explore your anatomy at all?

    Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

  • Yes i have had an ultrasound and there was fluid around my uterus and i had ovarian cysts which the doctor said they ruptured but that was weeks ago and im still in pain

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

  • Did they explore the fluid around your uterus? That's not normal, and the pressure can stimulate your pain receptors. They should be monitoring that to see if it's getting worse, better, staying the same, and what the cause is.

    Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

  • I know this sounds silly but have you been drinking cranberry juice? There is something about cranberry juice that really flushes out my system when I have back pains/kindney pains..
    But for sure, request an all around mri, there is obviously something else there that they are not catching!

    Answer by madmueller at 2:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

  • You might need your urethra dilated. I used to have those problems too, to the point where I was in pain every time I urinated. Only one Dr. could figure it out. After he did the procedure, I have never had any more problems with it.

    Answer by m-avi at 3:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.