Csa

so I'm thinking of joining a csa
the one I'm looking into is 250 for 15 weeks
if you have been part of one
can you tell me about your experiences ?
and was it worth it in the end ?

info about csa's
http://www.localharvest.org/csa/

liadotwtd

Asked by liadotwtd at 2:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Sounds like a good price compared to my area. The only thing I'd hesitate about is there's no guarantee - like this past year, one of the big places that does SCAs was hit by a nasty wind (possible tornado) and most of the farm was destroyed and had to be replanted, but it was too late for some stuff to grow well - so their shares were piddly but they had in their contract money wouldn't be refunded due to problems - you were taking a risk by signing, paying, and joining.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• http://www.localharvest.org/csa/

I have no idea what this is, but heres a bump.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Yes this is a great idea. I belonged to a farm share in WA. The fruit, eggs, produce was wonderful. I so miss it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I've considered it. My garden has been a big fail thanks to the deer population here. I planted double the amount this past year hoping to 'share' but no go.
    Love fresh and local if I can't grow my own. But there are plenty of farm markets nearby.
    So including the risk that csa had a bad year....has anyone decided that it's a better value than going weekly to a produce stand?
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 4:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2013