Activities for a 6 week old?

We didn't buy this baby any baby toys because big sister has SO many toys, plenty of them would work for a baby.

My question is, what am i supposed to be doing with the baby? i feel SO busy, nursing, keeping dd3 entertained and half ass cleaning the house.

I want to give my baby more one on one attention and play on the floor and with toys and all that junk, but I don't want to bug older sister by showing so much attention to the baby- when the baby already gets so much of my time.

AHHH!!! lol. Big sister also always wants whatever toy I pick to play with the baby with- duh they are her toys.

I suck.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's nice to have dady play with the older one so you can have one on one time with the baby. And then switch. Or you can ask the older one to join you too.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Oh sweetie. Feed her burp her change her and put her to sleep. Around three months is when they show up. Have you tried a wrap yet?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• My oldest and I would sing and do plays for my youngest. Even playing patty cake with your older child I front of the little one includes her. She sees you both and is intertwined.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Time to teach the 3 year old about sharing.

And I have never heard about  Activities for a 6 week old.  You feed them. change them, burp them, bath them, And hold them, at that age they do more sleeping then anything else.

Answer by louise2 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I bought an ergo because I loved my ergo with the first- but I had never used the infant insert and it is SO hard to get her in and out- and she doesn't like it so much.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I was just reading Babycenter's 6 week development and it said it was time for mirrors and the baby should be cooing and grabbing toys and i was like crap, she's not doing that.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Sing to her when you change her, you can involve the older child in this also. When you read to the older child, you can combine this with feeding the baby. When you play clap hands with the baby, you can have the older child there, too, and have her count the number of claps.

Answer by Bmat at 3:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I would look into a good wrap or sling (Try a moby wrap). Try getting big sister to sit on the floor and do tummy time with the baby and you. She can bring you her favorite toys to show the baby. Babies like to look and observe so this would be a perfect way for you to entertain both at the same time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• My first thought was, eat, sleep & mess the diaper! :p I like what the others have suggested. Do you have one of these:

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• i have a travel size one. It likes to fall over and the hanging toys are like 2 inches from her face lol
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2013