Great meal- horrible sevice

Went to Winger's for hot wings. Love that place.
All you can eat for an incredible price. Wings, fries, green salad, cole slaw, baked beans and popcorn.
And then when you are ready to leave they give you at least 1 order of you choice to go!
An order is 4 wings and they take about 15 mins. to cook because they cook as needed to reduce waste.

And then there was today's experience.
No sides (except fries) and 2 per order. I asked when the menu had changed and waitress said about 5 mins before we got there O.0
We finally had to ask the manager if removal of dirty dishes had also been eliminated from the service.

I guess (I was walking baby) at one point she reached around dirty dishes to set down a new order.

Then, yes- I screwed up, my baby put his mouth on a condiment bottle. So I told her. Sorry, but this happened. Her response?
"Oh, don't worry, I'll just wipe it down". Ugh! Shudder!

Management ended up comping us for one of the meals and explained this was literally her second week (maybe 10th day) of employment.

Question- similar stories?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 6:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Our last trip to Outback Steakhouse was, quite literally, our last to that particular restaurant. The server was slower than molasses, my steak came still mooing when I asked for it to be cooked medium, we never got drink refills (soft drinks), and I sat through the entire meal watching my husband eat his steak while waiting for them to refire mine. And all it was was a piece of meat and a starch, no more veggies. The seats were sticky, the tables only half-assed wiped down, and a general air of "I don't give a fuck" in the place.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• PI won't deal with bad service, I will personally seek out a manager or leave. I guess it's because I was a waitress for so long, it's even worse if the place is not busy and the wait staff is just being lazy.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• One that stands out happened last year
    We went to Rocky Rococo's (pizza) We always order the same thing,a large pepperoni,2 orders of breadsticks and 3 drinks
    You get your own drinks,so we had those. They said it'd be a few minutes on the sticks,no big deal. 20 minutes pass,no sticks. My husband goes and asks where they are,the girl says we already got them. Uh,no. She gives him the sticks(there were 6 up there in the window so wth) Another 15 min pass,no pizza. he goes up there again,she says oops,we forgot to put the order in (wha??) 20 min more pass,here she comes,it's sausage and onion. SIGH. We tell her that's not what we ordered. She says,are you sure? SIGH. The manager is called over. He gives us a pepperoni that was intended for a delivery(so screw someone else instead?) and gives us a coupon for another free large pizza

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Dh and I were dating at the time but we went to breakfast at this diner. We were the only ones there- it was early and we had ordered our food and were eating when we noticed a employee come out and start spraying roach spray. (I kid you not) and THEN I found a hair in my food. Dh complained and all he could get was 15% off. He should have just walked out looking back. Not a month later the place was shut down with a health score of 29!!! OMg I am just glad we did not end up with some form of food poisoning!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• been put in, so he told us to all go through the buffet for no charge (would have cost around $60 for us all to eat buffet!) AND they'd make up our order and box it all up for us to take home. Didn't even take any complaining ;o). But that manager was freaking awesome anyway, he was always on top of everything, ran the place soooo well. Then he left :o(. New manager sucks so bad I refuse to go there anymore.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• I hate it when I get cold food. Or the sever never comes back to the table to refill the drinks.

Answer by louise2 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• even if it was her second week- that sounds pretty ridiculous- and yes, I've done the job ; )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Years ago at a Pizza Hut I was stirring my iced tea when my friend sitting across from me flipped out b/c she noticed a cock roach floating among the ice cubes in my tea! Luckily before I took a sip. It's been so long, I don't remember what we got for free that day, or even why we stayed & ate! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Haven't had many bad experiences thank goodness! Only 2 come to mind and neither ended badly. 1 - DH & I went to a steakhouse for our anniversary. I ordered a steak medium well - it came and was barely even seared. Asked them to throw it back on the grill and it came back perfect - and I know they didn't do anything, we were sitting in full view of the grill and my eyes never left the steak. 2 - went to a pizza place that does both orders & buffet. Put in our order (big-ish order - kids all had certificates for free minis, and we love leftover pizza from this place plus they had a "buy any large, get any medium free" special going on - so we ordered 2 larges & 2 mediums, plus my parents were with us and ordered some other stuff. We sat and sat and sat, and the manager was walking around checking on everyone (like normal). We mentioned we'd been waiting a while, he went back to check, found out our order had never (tbc)...
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Ughhhhh, eating out has become a disgusting experience. I don't that most people who work there clean well or even wash their own hands.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2013