Does spending time outdoors in the cold help build up your immune system?

I used to walk outdoors in the mornings every morning no matter how cold it was, this was several years ago. I noticed that when i done that, i hardly ever got sick. I quit doing that, and i don't get out in the cold much now & i have noticed that i get sick often now.
I am thinking i should start exercising outdoors in the cold again to build my immune system & hopefully it will prevent me from getting a cold so easily, am i right?

mamabear484

Asked by mamabear484 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Health

• It helps stimulate your immune system when you are outdoors. They say it's good even when it's cold
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 8:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Its good and also being active helps keep the immune system strong.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• plus colds breed in dry air- the heaters in most building dry out the air terribly so the more you are outside in the humidity the better.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• so they say
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2013

• You could just be getting old! J/K please don't kill me. I noticed that to. Last year, I walked all winter and only got sick once after being exposed to the flu. This year, I have just felt icky the whole time. Now, most of the people I know think I am crazy because I CAN walk outside even when it's only like 25 degrees.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:14 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I am going to try to walk in the cold again, i have not done it in a few years. But i felt better when i did, but i was also younger too.
    mamabear484

Comment by mamabear484 (original poster) at 6:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• It's not the cold air, but the act of getting out of the stale dry air in the house and getting fresh air.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2013