Do you think it's weird that since I have no SO or hubby....

and haven't for years, that I make plans with my 10 year old son for Sat. night? He has been "my Valentine" since he was old enough to know what the holiday is and we always do something special. I told someone at work, (I was all happy and thinking positive) "Yeah me and my Valentine are going to rent some movies, make a homemade pizza and popcorn and play a board game" and she asked if I met someone and I laughed and said "No, Alex is my Valentine" and she said, damn girl, u gotta get a life"! she laughed like she was joking but it weighs on my mind a little, I mean it's not like he's 15 or 16 where he might have a girlfriend or something! C'mon, I am weird but not that kind of weird! I understand my boy is going to move on to dating and friends and hopefully not breaking his neck on his skateboard. He is such a sweetie he is excited about the homemade pizza thing. OMG! is this weird?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no way!!! I don't think it's weird at all!!! I think it's super sweet! I think if your ready to go out and get a valentine then do it, if not, I see nothing wrong with you stayin home with your son! Sounds like fun times to me!!! I love pizza and I DEFINATELY LOVE board games ;)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• no its not weird at all
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• awww I think that is cute!!!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• no. Vday should be about love between whomever you choose, not just a romantic interest. My parents always bought me vday cards and I even got flowers from my dad.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• yeah i think its cute too lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• you have a good valentine... and whats even better is you are showing him that it just means to spend time with someone you love... he will remember that when he gets older and hopefully do something special for a cerain special girlfriend
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I always spend Valentines day with my son, well, step son. He always gets a gift from me and we do a day of it. I am married, but my husband and I don't really get into the holiday, but I figure it is a fun way to spend some quality time with him. Now that my daughter is here though, perhaps Daddy will be her "date" until they are ready to date. We got her something too though.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• OMG! I think these answers are going into the archives because I could never possibly select a best answer! Thanks girls, I also made him his own playlist that he can get on and add songs but I was so into putting songs on there that remind me of him and also his favs that he now has more songs then me. I think tomorrow as I hand out my giant Hersheys kisses to the office staff, I will say "OMG I am so sorry "Jane Doe" I forgot yours! lol j/k I knew it was a REALLY bad comment.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh no, I think that it is so wonderful that you put your son so high on your list of priorities and that you are that close to him. GOOD FOR YOU. I hope you are always close. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think it is sweet! I wish you a special someone in your future.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2009