Serious question for moms with adult sons and grandchildren

I am a mom with only sons. They are all young now, but I worry that I will not be as close to them when they are adults as I am with my mom. My mom is my best friend and we talk all the time. In all the families I know the sons grow up and spend more time with their wife's family. I am afraid I won't have those special moments that a mom has with her daughter, ie, wedding planning, baby showers, birth of grandbabies.

Am I just being irrational? Is there anyone who has a good story of being close to your adult sons and being included in all of their special moments?

Please do not bash me, I am having a hard enough time with it already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• A daughter can be taken away from you too if she marries a control freak.
    mamabear484

Answer by mamabear484 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2013

• I have 4 grown sons they are 35-28-28 and 25 2 live in town have their own families and I see them almost daily for 1 reason or another my other 2 live out of state and we talk about twice a week. If your close now you'll be close later. Don't worry so much
    starfire59

Answer by starfire59 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2013