Waiting to find out babys gender

So this is my hubby n I 3rd cihld we have 2 girls 7&5. We decided with this baby we would wait to find out teh sex. We figured since its our last and we have 2 lil girls already wed bee happy withanother lil girl or boy as long as the baby is healthyI am 16 weeks now and even though i really want it to be a surprise it seems to be getting harder and harder. I catch my self saying him all the time instead of it so im like i wanna if im right lol . Did anyone else wait to find out the sex of ur baby? Was it amazing when it was born i heard its an awsome surprise . was it hard ?

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I waited with all my kids and I'm really glad I did. It's wonderful to hear the sex of your baby at the same moment you hold and see it for the first time. To me it would be so anticlimactic to find out the sex ahead time.  Also I loved the wonder of not knowing. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I didn't wait, but knowing the gender of my baby ahead of time didn't take anything away from the experience of holding and touching her in that first moment.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I found out w/ my 1st, which made having the baby shower more productive (for lack of a better word) With my 2nd, he didn't cooperate at the 20 wk ultra sound, but I just knew I was having another boy. For my dau, we found out ahead of time & I was so elated to finally get my girl! :) It just made waiting to see her that much harder :) More power to ya if you are the patient type! And best of luck! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I waited with my first but found out with my other 4. Honestly it wasn't any bigger of a surprise finding out later vs earlier. I liked finding out so I could buy clothes in colors other than yellow/green and it made it easier to decorate the nursery, stock up on blankets, etc. I had 2 boys and really wanted a girl for my 3rd. Finding out she was a girl just doubled my joy. Had I found out he was a boy I still would have been happy but had some time to adjust my expectations (I thought she would be my last)

Answer by missanc at 11:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I waited with both my kids! i have a boy and a girl and the girl was a shock! she waS THE first girl after 14 boys in my fam!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:44 PM on Jan. 8, 2013