Golden birthdays...(will be posting in a couple of groups also)

It just clicked (at 11, ironically) that DD turns 11 the 11th. Do people still make big deals of golden birthdays? Or has that all gone by the wayside over the years? I know mine was my 19th, and things weren't good so my birthday went pretty much unacknowledged, period. Just trying to decide if we should stick with our usual birthday stuff (bday kid chooses the meal & whether we eat out or I make it, cake that either they choose what I make or I buy somewhere, this year's gift would be some ebooks) or try to make it extra special (have a friend over, invite grandparents etc for the birthday meal, maybe go bowling or to a movie, change out the birthstone in my first Black Hills Gold ring to hers and give her that).

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 12:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• I never heard of golden birthdays, but why not? Any reason to make someone feel cherished and special sounds good to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• I have to wait until my first is 22 for him to be 22 on the 22nd and wait for my second to be 24 for 24 on the 24th. My poor husband was 2 on the 2nd, I as 14 on the 14th.
    I never thought of celebrating them but that would be nice (not that they will even care when they are 22 and 24)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:18 AM on Jan. 7, 2013