question about unschooling

so those that do unschooling, do they have to get a GED in order to go to college if they decide they want to go when they're older? how exactly does that work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids are going to go to something called Running start. They start in their Junior year of high school. They graduate with a diploma AND two years of college under their belt. Look into Running Start or Fresh Start in your area.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I don't know how it works in every state but in my state homeschooling parents are considered private schools and the state cannot not require certain cirriculum. As private schools, the parents issuse their children dimplomas that are legal upon completion of their cirriculum, whatever that may be. These diplomas are legal (as is any other high school diploma) and acceptable for entry into college and the workforce...I have such a diploma as I was homeschooled in high school and I am a college grad. My children will have the same diploma when they graduate homeschool. So no, they do not need a GED.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 6:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2009