Mucus Plug?? adult content

Okay sorry for some EXTREME tmi here but I'm not finding much helpful information. This is my second pregnancy, I am 38 weeks along and 2cm dilated as of last week. Tonight after I went pee I noticed a bit of mucus (normal) but then felt the urge to wipe again and found the most insane large glob of thick white snot-like mucus!! (Again sorry TMI) I've never seen a mucus plug before but I'm assuming this was it...with that large amount would that mean labor was starting sooner than if it slowly fell out? Honestly the whole thing was weird...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's your mucus plug. No, the speed it fell out at means nothing. Sorry. :) Expect to go into labour any time in the next 3 weeks (as if you didn't already know!)

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• it sounds like it was your mucus plug
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Mucus Plug! Yay! I have to agree with winter. You could go into labor any time within the next three weeks. Try to take it easy mama.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Yes it was your mucous plug or at least part of it. No it does not necessarily mean labor is starting soon. I lost mine and didn't go into labor until 2 weeks later with my first and didn't lose it until I was in the hospital in labor with my second.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• Yes, mucus plug, however it does not mean labor will start soon. Well, no sooner than sometime in the next couple of weeks.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2013

• its your plug, could mean labor is soon, but many people lose it a couple weeks before.. just one of those steps you have to pass on your way to having the baby. Im 40 weeks and still havent lost mine.. im totally jealous lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 12:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2013