what is wrong with me???

So im almost 39 weeks preg and my baby boy will be here soon. . . Ive been thinking alot about after he is here. Im completely ok with my parents holding and taking care of colin. But the idea of my boyfriends parents doing the same, scares the living crap out of me. . I seriously wish there was a way to keep it from happening. and its not just his parents there are alot of people i dont want holding him. Its like im scared there gonna drop him but i KNOW there not. I feel paranoid but i really want him all to myself. . Has anybody else ever felt like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal i was like that with almost everyone
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It's your instincts kicking in... you just want your child to be safe. It's normal. Ask your in-laws to stay near you to help keep your fears in check. I'm sure they will understand with you being a new mom and all. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• totally normal. it's that motherly instinct. with my son, i wouldn't let anyone hold my child unless a) they were adults or b) they were with an adult. and except for certain circumstances, my husband HAD to be in there. (i had a c-section so i was kinda confined to the bed that first day lol)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I felt this way also and still do sometimes and my daughter is 18 months old! its part of the unconditional love that comes with being a mother and being over protective.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 2:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• lol, totally. I still have not let my in-laws keeps our daughter over night. She is 2 and she has spent a week at a time with my mom across the state twice now. I just trust my own mom. What can I say? The holding thing and who is taking care of her will get easier once she is not brand new :) Don't feel bad about being a baby hog...she is YOUR baby! you and your husband have the complete right to not pass her around if you don't want to :) Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2009